These words are used to describe builder warranty programs across the country. But what exactly is a 2-10 warranty and what all is covered? Let’s break it down.
- 1 Year Workmanship
The 1 year workmanship warranty provides clear construction standards for defects in materials and workmanship in the first year.
- Site Work (Grading and Drainage)
Most builders have a scheduled follow up with the homeowner prior to the 1-year anniversary of your closing to address any cosmetic/quality issues or defects in your home. Dostie Homes conducts an 11 month walk through to address things of this nature.
- 2 Year Systems
The 2 Year systems warranty provides clear construction standards for defects in the distribution of electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems for a full two years, as defined in the Construction Performance Guidelines in your 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty booklet, provided at closing.
- Mechanical (duct work) – any separation or detaching of heating and cooling ducts
- Mechanical (waste piping) – any needed repairs to sanitary sewers, fixtures and waste and drain lines to prevent clogs or poor drainage
- Electrical System (wiring) – covers wiring and electrical conductors, ensuring that the home’s wiring carries its designed load
- Mechanical (plumbing) – covers waste, vents and water pipe leaks and bursts, heating and air conditioning refrigerant line leaks and water supply/septic tank system operation
- 10 Year Structural
The 10 Year structural warranty provides coverage for qualified structural defects from the day of closing. It protects designated load-bearing elements of the home against damages caused by failure of such elements, which affects their load-bearing function to the extent that the home becomes unsafe, unsanitary or otherwise unlivable.
- Roof Framing
- Floor Framing
- Beams and Girders
- Footings and Foundation System
- Load-Bearing Walls & Partitions
At Dostie Homes, we are proud to offer a great home warranty for all of our buyers. If you have additional questions, or for more information about your home warranty, visit http://www.dostiehomes.com/warranty/.< Back to Blog